Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Challenge - Weekly International Meals

2015 International Meals Challenge!

The challenge for 2015 (since I haven't done a challenge in a few years!) is to make a new international meal once per week. I've got a great jumping off point with Mark Bittman's The Best Recipes in the World as my cookbook. Today's only the 3rd day of the year, so I've plenty of time left to get my first meal done, and I'm going with something simple and Chinese. I'll be making his Hainanese Chicken Rice. I chose it as the first whole chicken meal that should be served hot from his poultry section, so pretty much totally at random. I'll do my shopping either today or Monday and make the meal Monday or Tuesday. If you're interested in joining me, it's on page 275. The post will be up by the end of next week, and I'll let you know what I'm making next. I'll post the ingredients and prices as usual, though my family is a bit larger and hungrier these days, so I'll be preparing larger portions of everything. My oldest is now 8, and there are now 4 kids! I can't wait to get back on the Food & Money way of life! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment