Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rosemary Chicken, Baked Potatoes, and Steamed Carrots

We're still in the octave of Easter, so we feast. I should have done the other night's pizza, too. Ah, well.

Ingredients & Prices

Chicken - 2 Large Breasts: $4.73
2 tsp Fresh Rosemary: Buy a plant and plant it in your garden. My plant was $1.89.
So this was maybe $0.07, but hopefully my plant will keep growing and lower that price.


1 tsp Garlic - $0.03
4 Tbsp Butter - $0.28
1 Tbsp Olive Oil - $0.11
Salt & Pepper to taste - $0.02
Aluminum Foil - $0.05

3 Medium Russet Potatoes - $0.35
3 tsp Sour Cream - $0.09
5 Tbsp Country Crock Spread *yuuuuum.... - $0.38

5 Carrots, peeled and cut - $0.50
                                         2 Tbsp Butter - $0.14


Instructions

The first thing you want to do is get those potatoes in the oven at 350.


While you prepare the chicken and mince up the rosemary, melt the butter in the pan by putting it in the oven for a few minutes.


Add some garlic...


And lay the chicken in the butter.


Cover with rosemary bits.


Cover with aluminum foil and set in the oven with the potatoes. 


Peel and cut your potatoes and set in the steaming section of a rice cooker. If you don't have one, put them in a covered saucepan with 1/2 cup water over medium heat.


About 20 minutes after putting the chicken in, take it out and flip it, filling crevices in with garlic and topping with a bit more rosemary.



Let cook for another 20-30 minutes. 


Do not be shy with butter or cheese.


yea!

Look at all that sour cream!

Total Price of Meal for 2 Adults, 1 Child, 1 baby - 1/3 piece of chicken leftover - $6.75


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love posts like this...and that looks delicious! I know my whole family would love it. AND, I do believe I have all those ingredients. Perhaps Thursday....? I'll let you know! :)

    p.s. thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. So glad you could enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete