Friday, April 1, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Friday - 7 Simple Meatless Meals

When you're done reading mine, head over to Jen's. They're always enjoyable. :) 

1


Pasta. That's my plan for tonight. Besides being easy, it's crazy cheap, and you can do it in so many different ways. I'm using elbow macaroni only because I though I bought Penne and didn't and a sauce from the store (though with my additional seasonings). There is a slight chance I will also make bread today. We'll see. Total Cost for 2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby, lots of leftovers, sans bread: $2.24

2


Pizza. This is not necessarily cheap, but definitely easy. Let's do a price run-down. Also, I use a bread-maker for the dough, so that's easy for me. You can buy your own dough or use some other recipe than the bread machine one, and do as well, but it'll take way more work. Anyhow. Here we go.
Pizza Dough Cost (I'll get you ingredients and the breakdown of prices in another post another day) - $1.51 + Sauce $1.50 + Misc. Toppings (shredded mozz & veggies) - circa $4.00 = 2 Pizzas @ Total Cost of $7.01 - Depending upon toppings (feeds at least 3 adults, 1 child, 1 baby, with tons of leftovers).

3


Baked Potatoes - With Lots of Toppings & a Canned or Frozen Veggie. You do have to plan this ahead of time, of course, since it takes an hour or so to bake a potato. Just coat that potato in butter and wrap it in aluminum foil. Then bake in the oven at 350 for an hour. Take it out and pass 'em out. Top with cooked broccoli, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, tons of butter, obviously, and other stuff. Total Price for 2 adults, 1 kid, 1 baby sharing with mama: around $3.00 (depending on toppings)

4


Lionel's Rice. Total Cost: $2.63.


5



Fish Stick Tacos.  Total Cost (including fries): $7.94 (that's 3 adults and 1 child)

 6

Curried Lentils from Time to Cook. I haven't made these, but I will soon, so then I'll get you a price. :) And a picture, of course.

7

Spinach Crepes. These are not super easy, but they are fun to make and delicious - and relatively simple. One of my first recipes on here. Yea!


Total Cost 4 adults, 3 children & still a lot of leftovers: $9.20

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh! This was my seven quick takes, too! But there's no overlap! Probably because you're a more sophisticated cook than I am. ;-)

    ReplyDelete