Monday, April 11, 2011

Blueberry Cobbler

I'm starting to think that I'm messing around with Lent. It's just that our Sunday desserts have been so much better than any desserts we've had, it's like I'm doing something wrong. Oye. So anyway, this Sunday was a simple one - Blueberry Cobbler. The initial reason I went for this one was that I saw fresh blueberries were on sale at Giant. Then, I got to Giant, looked at the blueberries, and ended up buying the frozen ones that were SO much cheaper. And guess what? The cobbler. It was great. It was a great recipe for a warm day with grilled food for dinner. I actually bought cheap-o cool whip stuff instead of whipping my own cream. It was a lot cheaper. Shame on me, I know, but it was a lot cheaper and faster.

I used this recipe. The only difference was that my blueberries were frozen.

Ingredients & Prices

3 Cups Blueberries - $3.99
3 Tbsp White Sugar - $0.03
1/3 Cup Orange Juice - $0.20
2/3 Cup Flour - $0.08
1/4 tsp Baking Powder - $0.01
1 pinch salt - $0.01
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened - $0.56
1/2 Cup White Sugar - $0.16
1 Egg - $0.18
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract - (mine) - $0.05
Whipped Topping (8 ounce container) - $0.89




Put together the first 3 ingredients into a square baking dish. 


Put the next 3 together in a small bowl.


Mix up all the rest in a large bowl.


Put dry and wet together.


Then dump it by the spoonful over top of the blueberries, aiming at heavy coverage.


My four year old helped, but we still covered it rather well.



Bake.


Throw on some stuff. We used whipped topping, but ice cream or home made whipped cream would be fabulous, too.



Total Cost 4 Adults, 1 kid, leftovers: $6.16

1 comment:

  1. I read this when you first posted it and meant to comment, but must have forgotten. :-P

    This looks totally delicious, and I'm really looking forward to trying to make this. It looks very similar to something my grandmother makes often. My fiance doesn't care for blueberries too much, but I'm hoping he'll like this one :-)

    ReplyDelete