Thursday, March 10, 2011

Simple Strawberry Shortcake

Alright, y'all. I love the home made stuff, but there are some classic easy desserts that end up being insanely cheap and still crazy good. This is one of them.

Ingredients & Prices
Dessert Shells - $0.98 for a pack of 6 (wow.)
Strawberries - $1.50 ($3 for a pound - maybe you use half)
1/4 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream - $0.99
2 Tbsp Confectioner's Sugar - $0.06

Total Cost of Yummy Dessert for 3-6 (there's plenty, really): $3.53


This was our dessert for Fat Tuesday in lieu of a King's Cake. 



I'm going to try to get a nice amazing dessert up before Sunday every week. I'm going to end it with Creme Brulee for Easter. I have to make my vanilla extract first, though. :) Let me know if there are any desserts you recommend or if you've got a crazy yummy recipe for desserts. I'll be looking around. :)

1 comment:

  1. I heart this blog! I made Mark's black bean soup tonight and it was delish.

    ReplyDelete