Monday, February 21, 2011

Legion of Leftover Lunches

Today, I ate tons of leftovers for lunch. My son ate some Ramen, and then jumped in and joined me on my leftovers. Since I've already counted the leftovers in the dinner prices, they get to be listed as free in this fabulous leftover attack. Once this war has been waged, I will pass on a lunch recipe made by my husband. He's a BIG rice fan. But first...leftover lunch day.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cups leftover rice from last night's dinner (Rice, Pork Chops & Cream of Mushroom Soup)
2 ounces cut up chicken breast from Friday's Dinner at a friend's house (I ate the other leftovers from the dinner at their house for lunch yesterday)
1 pie piece-size of last week's fancy crêpes (the last piece - Stan and I shared the other leftovers on Friday)
1/2 Bag Frozen Spinach (not leftover - but GREEN!) - $0.50
2 T Butter for spinach - $0.04
Stan's pack of Chicken Ramen - $0.12

Total Cost of Today's Lunch: $0.66

And, it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment